Rachael Leong is a Partner in the firm’s International Arbitration Practice.
Rachael has significant experience in complex, high-value international arbitration and commercial litigation.
Her matters span a wide range of industries, including international trade, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, finance, technology and manufacturing, across jurisdictions including Germany, Belgium, Canada, Myanmar, India, Japan, South Korea and the United States of America.
- Acted in an international arbitration involving tens of millions of dollars in damages and legal costs in a wrongful termination claim against a global car manufacturer and its distributor in a large Asian country, involving issues of damage to reputation, good faith obligations, materiality of breaches and the assessment of damages.
- Acted in claims between leading fintech companies and financial institutions to recover losses totalling more than hundreds of millions dollars arising out of fraud, negligence and unauthorized fund transfers.
- Acted in an international arbitration involving tens of millions of dollars in damages between a famous Japanese consumer goods retailer and its distributor in Indonesia. The matter involved an allegation that restructuring triggered change of control clauses as well as complex issues of trustee and beneficiary relationships, conflicts of laws and contractual interpretation.
- Acted in a multi-million dollar civil lawsuit involving parties from various parts of Asia, including Japan, Indonesia, Singapore, Korea and China. This matter involved issues of security and beneficial interests, equitable mortgages and charges, knowing receipt, dishonest assistance, fraud and constructive trust.
- Acted in a USD10million civil lawsuit between a Japanese cosmetics company with global presence and its distributor in Myanmar, involving complex conflict of laws issues and breaches of arbitration agreements.
Latest updates from Oon & Bazul
Stay informed with the latest updates from our Experts.
Subscribe to our mailing list