Our Employment Practice encompasses both contentious and non-contentious employment matters across various industries. Clients include banks, financial institutions, multinational corporations, insurance companies and governmental bodies as well as senior management, executives and professionals.
We believe that it is important to engage our clients’ human resource managers when tailoring employment contracts and policies for our clients. We ensure that our clients’ employment policies are not only practical and compatible with their existing organizational structure but are also capable of preventing unnecessary disputes with or among employees.
When it comes to contentious employment matters, we make it a point to work closely with our clients, whether they are employers or employees, to formulate fair and effective solutions that will minimize disruptions in the workplace.
Our employment lawyers have acted in a wide range of employment litigation matters and also regularly advises on enforcement of non-compete and non-disclosure agreements between employers and their employees.
For non-contentious matters, our clients regularly engage us to:
- Draft and review bespoke or standard form employment contracts for employees including senior management, executives and professionals
- Draft and revise internal employment policies including employee handbooks
- Advise on requirements under Singapore law in relation to applications for work and employment passes for foreign nationals who are employed in Singapore
- Advise on termination of employment and severance terms
- Advise on retrenchment and retrenchment benefits
- Conduct negotiations with employee unions on behalf of employers
- Draft non-compete and non-disclosure agreements
- Advise on issues of data protection and corporate espionage