Interns will be assigned to a mentor and will be given the opportunity to observe the daily life of a lawyer in Oon & Bazul. You will work closely with and assist lawyers in their ongoing matters, attend court / arbitration hearings, client meetings, and draft legal memoranda for partners. You may express your interest in a particular practice and we will try our best to accommodate you. You will also receive a monthly honorarium on a pro rata basis during your internship with us.
Who we are looking for and how do you apply?
The firm welcomes applications for its internship programme from undergraduate and postgraduate law students. Students who have completed at least 2 years of law school and who intend to apply for training contracts in the following year will have priority. The firm looks for students who have the following qualities: (1) zest for legal practice (2) innovative and creative mindset, and (3) can-do attitude.
If you would like to apply for an internship, please complete the e-application below. It is highly advisable to apply early as internship slots are limited and applications are competitive.
Our 4-week internship period is as follows:
- 8 May to 1 June 2023
- 5 June to 30 June 2023
- 3 July 2023 to 28 July 2023
- 31 July to 25 August 2023
- 4 December to 29 December
We also accept applications outside of these internship periods on an ad hoc basis.
Your application should be accompanied by the following information and documents:
1) A cover letter of no more than 1 page, which sets out your (i) preferred internship period, (ii) preferred areas of practice, and (iii) your reasons for selecting the preferred practice areas.
2) A CV of no more than 3 pages, which sets out your (i) contact details, (ii) academic record (include year of study and grade as of date of application [GPA/CAP]) and achievements, (iii) extra-curricular activities and achievements, and (iv) prior work experience.
3) A copy of your education transcripts, certificates, and testimonials (if any).
Apply for an internship here. For enquiries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch.