Restructuring & Insolvency
Our Restructuring & Insolvency lawyers are able to craft practical, commercial and cost-effective solutions that few can match in Asia. We assist our clients in disputes arising from restructuring and insolvency situations, whether contesting court decisions issued in insolvency proceedings or advising on the risk of liability being incurred by directors and other stakeholders. We tap into additional expertise wherever needed, working closely with colleagues specialising in litigation, shipping, corporate, tax, employment and real estate.
Ranked as experts in our field by legal directories, we understand the sensitivities and cultural nuances of dealing with restructuring and insolvency issues from an Asian context having worked on numerous deals over the last few years. You can expect our team to provide pragmatic, sensible advice and risk analysis, high quality project management skills and a refreshing sense of calm under pressure.
Our clients include multinational companies, distressed and special situations funds, financial institutions and insolvency practitioners, such as judicial managers, scheme managers, chief restructuring officers and liquidators. In particular, we regularly advise clients on debt restructuring and other rehabilitative measures available to entities facing financial distress.
• Advice on Creditor Rights, Remedies and Protection
• Complex Multi-Jurisdictional Restructuring & Insolvency
• Contentious Restructuring & Informal Workouts
• Creditor-Debtor and Inter-Creditor Disputes
• Crisis Management
• Investigations & Recovery of Assets
• Judicial Management
• Pre-Packaged & Pre-Arranged Plans of Reorganisation
• Receivership and Distressed Asset Sales
• Rescue, Debtor-in-Possession & Exit Financings
• Settlements and Standstill Agreements
• Schemes of Arrangement
• Winding up