Restructuring and Insolvency Law
Ranked as experts in our field by various legal directories, Oon & Bazul possesses an intimate understanding of the sensitivities and cultural nuances that accompany restructuring and insolvency matters within an Asian context. With a substantial track record of numerous high-profile matters in Singapore and Asia over the past few years, clients can expect our insolvency and restructuring specialists to provide pragmatic, sensible advice and risk analysis, high quality client management skills, and a refreshing sense of calm under pressure.
Our unwavering commitment to restructuring and insolvency extends to a diverse client base in Singapore and Asia. We are conflict-free and independent, and therefore able to provide robust and steadfast representation in high-stakes matters. We provide quality assistance to our clients in disputes arising from restructuring and insolvency situations, such as winding up, bankruptcy, schemes of arrangement and judicial management, whether in contesting court decisions issued in insolvency proceedings or providing advice on mitigating the risk of liability for directors and other stakeholders in corporate restructuring. Our law firm takes advantage of our multi-disciplinary capabilities by tapping into the valuable expertise of our skilled colleagues specialising in litigation, shipping, corporate, tax, employment law as well as real estate.
Services in Restructuring and Insolvency Law
Our Restructuring & Insolvency lawyers are adept at crafting practical, commercial and cost-effective solutions that few can rival in Singapore and Asia. We are the restructuring and insolvency law firm of choice for multinational companies, distressed and special situations funds, financial institutions and insolvency practitioners, such as judicial managers, scheme managers, chief restructuring officers and liquidators. In particular, we offer comprehensive services including:
Expertise of Oon & Bazul in Restructuring and Insolvency
Oon & Bazul has a team of highly qualified lawyers specialising in restructuring and insolvency. Recognised by leading legal directories, our expertise is grounded in successful case outcomes and an intimate understanding of the legal landscape. Our law firm’s experience is especially pronounced in Singapore and the wider Asian market, having managed significant deals that necessitate a deep comprehension of regional cultural intricacies. This combination of legal acumen and regional awareness positions Oon & Bazul as a leading choice in restructuring and insolvency matters.
The Restructuring and Insolvency Practice has received the following recommendations:
- The Practice was ranked in Chambers Asia Pacific 2021 and 2022, with clients describing the team as having “good technical skills” and being “easy to work with and flexible”.
- The Practice was ranked in Legal 500 2022 as being “very refreshing to deal with as there are fewer conflict risks” and being particularly known for company-side engagements.
- The Practice has also been recognized by the Global Restructuring Review for the past four (4) years (including the latest ranking) as one of the top 100 firms globally for restructuring and insolvency.
- The Practice was also featured in The Straits Times (Singapore’s main daily newspaper) ranking of “Singapore’s Best Law Firms 2021” and “Singapore’s Best Law Firms 2022”, and ranked at the highest level of 5 stars for Restructuring and Insolvency (together only with the “Big 4” law firms and Blackoak LLC).
- The Practice was recognised in the 2022 edition of Asialaw Profiles, as well as the 2021 and 2022 editions of Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific.
- The Practice was nominated for four categories in the 3rd Annual Global Restructuring Review Awards:
- Most significant restructuring or insolvency-related litigation for its role in Re: Asiatravel.com Holdings Ltd
- Most important cross-border recognition decision for its role in Re: Zetta Jet Pte Ltd and others (Asia Aviation Holdings Pte Ltd, intervener)
- Diversity in restructuring
- Small or regional firms that impressed – Oon & Bazul LLP is the only Singapore law firm nominated
Case Studies for Restructuring and Insolvency Law
The Restructuring and Insolvency Practice has a rich history of representing clients from diverse sectors in complex legal matters. Some notable cases that underscore their expertise include: