Managing Partner and Head of Dispute Resolution, Bazul Ashhab, was joined by a panel of distinguished speakers from Singapore and London in the Marine Insurance Asia Panel Discussion, ‘Through the looking glass – the current and likely emerging trends in terms of the impact of sanctions on marine insurance?’.
The panelists discussed topical issues regarding the changing global environment for enforcement of sanctions and their impact on the Asian market. They also highlighted how Singaporean and English law provide solutions to the problems encountered by insurers, their customers and advisers.
Other topics considered during the webinar were:
- What are the critical sanctions regimes for those trading in the Asian market and their insurers?
- Are the key players in the sanctions environment changing?
- What are the key legal issues within the Asian insurance market in relation to sanctions?
- Where does one look for guidance to help resolve those key legal issues?
- Are their differences in approach between English law and Singaporean law in relation to the enforcement of sanctions?