Benedict Eoon is a Partner in the firm’s Dispute Resolution and Construction Practice.
Benedict has acted in several high-profile and landmark matters. He undertakes a broad range of work in the areas of international commercial arbitration, commercial litigation, construction and white collar crime.
Benedict regularly appears before the Singapore Courts and has been involved in arbitrations under several institutions including the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
Benedict has represented multi-national corporations, government-linked institutions, and ultra-high-net-worth individuals.
A lawyer in one of Singapore’s largest law firms described Benedict as a “talented and driven lawyer” who “displays maturity and excellence in his work, and is tenacious in advancing his clients’ causes”.
Benedict is a member of the Law Society of Singapore Criminal Practice Committee. He frequently takes on pro bono cases including under the Supreme Court Legal Assistance Scheme for Capital Offences and the Law Society’s Criminal Legal Aid Scheme.
Benedict was previously a Legal Skills Tutor in the Faculty of Law at the National University of Singapore. Benedict represented the National University of Singapore in the 2010 Jean Pictet International Moot Competition in Canada, in which he won the Best Speaker prize. He was also the national top scorer in the 2002 GCE O Level examinations.
- Represented a government-linked healthcare institution in a 9-figure arbitration claim against a service provider.
- Represented a businessman in an 8-figure arbitration claim against a previous business partner.
- Represented a Singapore company in a trade dispute with one of the largest chaebols in South Korean.
- Represented a leading local airport investor and consulting firm in an 8-figure international dispute involving government-linked institutions.
- Represented a Saudi company in an 8-figure cross-border fraud asset recovery claim.
- Represented a prominent individual in a family dispute involving more than S$300m in assets.
- Represented a well-known Malaysian construction and property development company in various construction claims.
- Represented home owners in a 6-figure negligence claim against adjacent developer for damages caused to home.
White-Collar Crime & Investigations
- Represented broker in a securities case involving unauthorised trades with notional value of up to S$500 million.
- Represented directors of an investment company in a landmark Court of Appeal judgment which recognised a common law right of access to documents in Singapore.
- Represented an accused person in a murder appeal before the Court of Appeal where the death penalty was successfully reduced to life imprisonment.
- Represented various multinational corporations in anti-fraud and anti-corruption investigation work involving Singapore and overseas operations.
Latest updates from Oon & Bazul
Stay informed with the latest updates from our Experts.
Subscribe to our mailing list